Dr. Johns spent his childhood learning to handle butcher knives in his dad’s meat market. After a little further training in college, medical school, and residency he became a gynecologist and a surgeon. He has authored 22 chapters in surgical textbooks, co-authored 32 peer-reviewed articles, lectured in 120 postgraduate courses, and performed over 8,500 surgical procedures. He has been named one of the “Best Doctors in America” since 1996.
He practices medicine in Fort Worth, Texas where he lives with Jenny, his wife of 46 years and their yellow lab “Zoe”. They have 2 grown daughters, 2 sons-in-law, 2 granddaughters, and one grandson.
Awards and Achievements
Named “Best Doctors in America” by his peers since 1996
Licensed to practice since 1974
Private Practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology since 1978
Fellow – American Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Fellow – American College of Surgeons
College: University of Texas at Austin; Austin, Texas 1970, B.A. with honors
Medical School: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston; 1974, M.D.
Internship: Rotating; John Peter Smith Hospital; Fort Worth, Texas; 1974-75.
Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology; John Peter Smith Hospital; Fort Worth, Texas; 1975-78
Certification: Certified by The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Feb.5, 1981
Certified in Laparascopy and Hysteroscopy by the Accreditation Council for Gynecologic Endoscopy 1996
Accredited in Gynecologic and 3D Ultrasound by AIUM (American Institute for Ultrasound in Medicine) 2013
- Medical Director, Clinical Research – Baylor Research Institute, Fort Worth, Ft. Worth, Texas, 2006 – present
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Senior Attending, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, John Peter Smith Hospital; Fort Worth, Texas.
- Fellow – American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons
- Member – Society of Reproductive Surgeons (Secretary-Treasurer, 1996, vice president, 1998, president, 2000)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Trustee, 1992 – 1994, secretary-treasurer, 2001, vice president, 2002, president, 2003.
- Adhoc Reviewer – Fertility and Sterility, 1992 to present.
- Editorial Board – Journal of American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, 1994 – present, associate editor, 2003 – present
- Adhoc Reviewer – American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1993 to present.
1250 8th Avenue, Suite 330
Fort Worth, Texas 76104